Vietnam has officially introduced Draft version of new Circular which shall replace Circular 05/2019/TT-BTTTT - Regulations on list of products subjected to MIC Type Approval certification and Declaration of Conformity for public comments. The new Circular shall take effect from 01 July 2020 together with several new National Technical Regulations introduced by MIC Vietnam recently.
Highlighted features of the draft circular:
1. Updating newly-introduced National Technical Regulation QCVN 86:2019/BTTTT and QCVN 119:2019/BTTTT to the list.
2. Adding terminal device, base station, and repeater used in 5th generation of cellular network (5G) to the list. QCVN 47:2015/BTTTT and QCVN 18:2014/BTTTT shall be temporarily used as RF requirements for 5G devices until MIC introduce National Technical Regulation specifically designed for 5G devices.
3. Moving wireless inductive loop charger, telemetry instrument, MISC and MITS device, wireless sound devices, UWB and few other SRD. These devices are going to be under mandatory Declaration of Conformity scheme only.
4. Removing maritime radar from the list of product under management scope of MIC. Maritime radar is still under mandatory type approval under management scope of Ministry of Transport.
5. Detailing description of some SRD device to make the list clearer. RFID tag (with or without power source) is now listed under RFID products group. This could cause problem in import / exporting RFID tags as RFID tags is actually a transceiver and local laboratories are still not able to conduct testing on passive RFID tag (without power source) at this moment.
6. Detailing description of RFID reader and RFID tag used for traffic toll collection system (operates in 920 - 923 MHz band, RF power can exceed 500mW ERP) to solve customs clearance for these products which sometimes happens.